Sunday, September 6, 2009

A wet camping trip & engagement party

Warning, long post ahead!

Why is it that I can go for weeks without a single social event and then have a whole bunch happen at once. My mate Ian had his overnight camping party (see the card I made here). It was a really fun night, with a bonfire (fire permit & water trailer so no risk of setting Hunter valley ablaze) good friends, toasted marshmallows and beautiful food. Joy ventured into the art of camp oven cooking and Jo (Joy's 'other' best mate & my SU upline) did a great job of cooking lamb & pork on a spit. I so meant to take a pic of the spit, made by Jo's hubby Pete out of a beer keg. Pure genius. The only hiccough was the massive thunderstorm that hit at about 1 am. Thankfully it was sunny again in time for brekky & pack-up. I whoosed out when my tent started leaking & slept in my car.

That arvo I went to the engagement party of a lovely young lady, Tamara, & her English fiance. She went on a 'short' trip to try out nanny-ing in the UK & has been there for 2 years & is now moving there to live. As such, they requested money for gifts.
I made a card that I CASEd from here. As you can see, I had a bit of trouble with the silver ink smudging, but the SU silver embossing powder worked like a dream. I used stamps from the sets 'Always', 'Priceless' and 'Occasional Greetings'. The frame is 'Hodepodge Hardware' in styled silver. The ribbon came from Spotlight.



In the top of the card I made a little pocket to hold the money. I stamped images from the 'Priceless' set with versamark ink & then used white embossing powder.


It was a nice afternoon, I hope the happy couple enjoyed it & I wish them every happiness for the future.

I've still got Father's Day lunch (on Monday) and visiting friends for tea (Monday night) to go. Lucky that I'm in the middle of six days off!

Will go & write up my post for Keesh's latest challenge.
Cheers, Fi xox

1 comments:

Kylie said...

Sounds like your camping trip was a blast, Fiona!
Love your card with all the silver embossing, so elegant!

Take Care,
Kylie X

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio