Saturday, September 5, 2009

My niece's 13th!

Having my niece, the youngest of my brother's 3 kids, heading towards her 13th birthday is making me feel old! her birthday isn't until December but we are sending all their Christmas things this week and we send her b'day gifts in the box as well. As such, I made her a card last week. I finally gave in and bought 'Crazy for Cupcakes' so used the tiered cupcake image on Beck's card. It is so cute. I CASEd it from here, right down to the colors & DSP (Candy Lane, such pretty colours & designs), why mess with something you like. I added 'Dazzling Diamonds' glitter to the cake tops using my '2-way Glue Pen'. I meant to do the pop up inside but realised I'd made the base card open the wrong way, duh. Though '13' is probably getting a bit too 'mature' for pop ups. I added the glittery '13' as you need to make a big thing of turning this age.



I've seen some other' cupcake store' cards on Splitcoast, you should check them out.

Thanks for dropping by,
Fi xox




2 comments:

AMY FLEMING said...

Wow! amazing job Fi totally love this card and all the glitter!.....she sure is lucky having an Aunty like you:)
Is that a stamp set..the number 13?
Have a great weekend
Amy xox

Kylie said...

Fabulous card Fiona! Love it! Love the stamp set, the DSP and your layout!
I bet your niece loved it!

Take Care,
Kylie X

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio