Monday, September 21, 2009

2nd attempt at Keesh's Challenge

I've cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed & mopped the floors so thought I deserved a bit more stamping fun. I had another play with Keesh's challenge (see post below for 1st attempt and sketch).
I decided to do a wedding card this time. I love the damask image from the 'Friends 24-7' set. I have never inked the bird image from this set as I'm not much into birds, but everyone else makes it look so good (case in point, see Keesh and Kirsty's entries for this same challenge).



Anyway, I used DSP from the pretty 'Bella Blue' range and Kraft, Very Vanilla and Not Quite Navy (NQN) cardstock (CS). I inked the damask in NQN and stamped it onto the VV CS. I added a half pearl from the pretties kit and layered it onto NQN CS. I used my Scalloped Square punch for the side pieces. I used NQN brads but I wish I'd left them off. The sentiment is from 'Occasional Greetings' and I used a smidge of Kraft taffeta ribbon for the knot.
I smudged bit of NQN (accidently) on the top of the card so I tried (not real successfully, I fear) to cover it up by sponging a bit more ink along the card edges.
Wouldn't mind re-creating this card, leaving off smudging & brads ;-)

That's all for now. have a great day,
Love Fi xox

10 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fi... this is REALLY lovely. Another great card for Keesh's challenge.

xx Sarah

Byl Family... said...

WOO-WEE another amazing creation Fiona!!! Keesh x

Sally Little said...

wow this is such an elegant card, it's gorgeous.
Sally :)

Sue K said...

This is a really nice card - very stylish.

Chantal Fleming said...

Wow - very regal and very stylish. Another great card! - Chantal

Anonymous said...

Another spectacular entry! I just love that damask image! The pearl in the centre sets it off beautifully!

Krista said...

This one is pretty too !

Sue said...

Really love this card Fiona. Gorgeous colours. Love the sponging too!

Karen said...

Hey there Fiona!

Just popped in to tell you that I LOVE this card! Its very elegant! Well done!

Love Karen
x

Kylie Bertucci said...

This is a winner this card!! Great work, taking notes off this one too. The colours, stamp set and finish just all work as one. Beautiful, stunning card.

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio