Monday, September 21, 2009

Keesh baby card

I had a huge day yesterday. I got home, after a few dramas at work, at about 7:40, had brekky and got ready to attend church for my friends' baby dedication (like a Christening). After the service they had a lunch, where I had a lovely time catching up with friends. I got home about 3, had a cuppa & a few hours sleep, before heading out to a trivia night fundraiser at 7. I was pretty weary by the time I got home at about 10-ish. Needless to say, I didn't have a real early start this morning. I did a load of washing and then decided I could get out my stamps and have a bit of fun before tackling more housework :-)

I've had a bit of a play with Keesh's latest challenge. This one is a sketch challenge.
I like sketch challenges but it usually takes a while to come up with the rest of the ideas. I like this sketch, am hoping to have another play a bit later.


I wanted the 'Wild About You' set for ages, and then, like so many of the stamps I buy, once I got it I didn't really know what to do with it. I decided this sketch lent itself to the giraffe stamp. I then thought 'girlie baby card', and the 'Sweet Always' DSP came to mind. Here is the outcome.



I've chosen colours used in the 'Sweet Always' papers, 'Regal Rose' & 'Pumpkin Pie'. I was going to put a button in the top right corner but then remembered the cute flower brads that are available in the latest mini. One of the colours just so happens to be 'Pumpkin Pie'. I used the baby stamp from the 'Short & Sweet' set along with the 'Word Window' & 'Small Oval' punch. I used my square punches for the side shapes. I know I keep saying it, but i do love my punches.
I don't think I've ever used so much orange in a card, its not one of my fav colours, but I'm amazed by how much I like it mixed with these pinks.

Must go now & clean my bathroom, it is well overdue :-(
Thanks for dropping by,
Love Fi xox

8 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely card Fiona. The image is gorgeous, and the colour scheme works brilliantly. (Like you, I would not have thought to put pink and orange together, but they really compliment each other.) And the little orange flower brad is the perfect touch, Jo

Chantelle said...

Gorgeous Fiona, I love these colours together and you've made 'Wild about you' look so sweet. Great job with the challenge.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fiona!!!! This is GORGEOUS. Such an adorable little girls card. And the GIRAFFE... PERFECT... I love that little Giraffe, he/she is just adorable. Great Job with the sketch

xx Sarah

Byl Family... said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Fiona! I hardly use this stamp set, but you are inspiring me to pull it out! Just love what you have done with this sketch. Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

Sally Little said...

ooooh this card is tooooo cute, I love the pinks and the oranges together, they are bright and girly. Good job Fiona!!! Sally :)

Chantal Fleming said...

Awww Fiona, it's just gorgeous. Love the colours and the choice of paper. Great job!! - Chantal

Anonymous said...

Your card is just sooo cute! I love cute! LOL! Great use of the Flower brad. Very clever!

Julie said...

Cute cute cute!! This is the sweetest card!! I love how you've combined the stamps and the brad - so cute!

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio