Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Keesh's Inspiration Challenge #12

Well, its about time that I was on here again. I've been playing with the latest one of Keesh's challenges. This time it is an inspiration challenge taken from a linen ad or catalogue. It is bright & summery.



I made this card first but wasn't real happy with it, esp after I saw some of the others on offer. Keesh used a similar layout (I took it from the pillowcases) but hers is fabulous. I used the cog stamp from the 'Sense of Time' set for a different circular image, I thought the large cog picked up the shape from the blue pattern. I used Pacific Point, Whisper White & YoYo Yellow. I 'dyed' a Baja Breeze cord button with pacific Point ink. The sentiment also comes from the 'Sense of Time' set.
However I had to have another play.




Kirsty from Keesh's Design Team used a snowflake pattern which stuck in my head. I decided to use the snowflake stamp from 'Season of Joy' in Pacific Point & Tempting Turquoise. I had thought of using a square stamp from 'Punches Three' so the Christmas one seemed obvious. A weird colour combo for a Christmas card, but maybe rather suitable for a hot, beachy, Aussie Christmas. i think the pacific Point & Temping Turquoise punched scallop squares need something but couldn't figure out what.



That's it for now. Might have to make some more cards later. I've been awake since 4:44 am, stuffed body clock. I have to work tonight so hopefully will have a sleep later today. My big plans were to make some 'Belly Butter' (another hobby of mine is making natural body products & candles) that has been ordered by a work colleague, but I've run out of one of the ingredients. It will have to wait for my next days off.

have a great day,
Cheers,
Fi xox

8 comments:

AMY FLEMING said...

Whoo hooo Two cards you go girlfriend!!! I love both of them!!! Sorry its taken me awhile to come visit, have been super crazy :)
Gosh I did struggle with this challenge, but you have made it look so easy!
Take care and don't work to hard
Aimsxxx

Byl Family... said...

OH WOW Fi, these are both stunning....just when you thought they were going to be hard! LOL!. I love how you used the clock stamps for the pattern, it looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing! Love keesh x

Chantelle said...

These are both fabulous Fiona - love the second one especially. The design is great. Glad you got to join in with this one. Your body butter sounds lovely - have fun with it.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Fi... you've done a great job with these. Wasn't this a FUN inspiration. I really enjoyed it.

xx Sarah

Jo said...

Fiona, i love these cards - especially the Christmas one , and the way you have used your square punches with the colours, Jo

Chantal Fleming said...

Lovely cards Fiona. I do like the first one and think the structure works really well.

Sue said...

Love these cards Fiona. Gorgeous colours.

Kylie said...

WOW Fiona, both your cards are awesome! Love your Christmas one, love the square punches!

Take Care,
Kylie X

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio