Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Emboss Resist

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd share two cards today (both shameless straight CASEs) that used the emboss resist technique. It is a technique that I tend to forget but it looks fab.

I made this first card initially for my cousin Adam's b'day but then made him another 'more blokey' one. This one ended up going to my neighbour who enjoys gardening. I CASed it from this card

Here it is:







It is not the best photo but you get the idea. The sponging came out quite soft. It took me a while to warm to the 'French Foliage' set by SU, but now I love it. I particularly love the drops and french script stamps in the set (thanks in a large part to Teneale Williams who seems to use those 2 stamps quite a bit).

I made the next card for my friend Ang who also enjoys card-making. She likes blues and is really feminine, and I have been wanting to CASE this card for quite a while.






I used the vine from 'Thoughts and Prayers', a real SU classic, with a background of 'French Script'. The tag is from a PTI set 'Tiny Tags' and the matching die.

I must go and hang out my washing and then do some Uni stuff. My Uni break went by way too fast.

have a fab day,
Fi x

5 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love both, Fi! The colours are stunning! So glad to have you back! Hugs xxx

Inkyfingers said...

I love the soft colours on the birthday card but the second card takes my breath away. I love love love it.

Carol L said...

Both cards are beautifully done with awesome backgrounds! CASEing cards is how we learn to craft cards and there's nothing wrong with that :)

Jenn W said...

Wow!! Both cards are divine ... LOVE the sponging!! The colours of the 2nd card are absolutely stunning! Can see I need to schedule a visit to your part of the world for some card making lessons lol :) xx

Unknown said...

My favourite technique. They are both amazing Fi! Beautiful designs. I'm so impressed that you even used the chickens foot! xx

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio