Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Been a while..

Wow, it's been a week since I was on here, and what a week it has been. Mum & I went to Sydney to see 'Mama Mia'. What a fantastic show, talk about 'feel good'. makes you want to get up & become the 'Dancing Queen'. I saw it on Broadway about 4.5 years ago & the Aussie production is as good, if not better. I also went to stay in Sydney for a few days. My main reason for going was to attend the NSW "Stampin' Up!" Regionals but I decided to go a few days early & have a mini holiday. Was fun playing tourist and just wandering around to see the sights. The Regionals were great fun too, but that deserves a post all itself. I got some great swaps which I'll have to share.

Anyway, "where are the cards", I hear you asking. I thought I'd pop up a few more of my Christmas cards. Finally finished stamping sentiments in them tonight. Another stamp set that caught my eye in this years IB&C was "Christ is born'. I really love the script, & the message. I CASE'd a few cards using this set, here are two of my favs:

I CASEd this one from 'mikate' on Splitcoast.

I really like the 'rock 'n roll ' technique on the poinsettia. The DSP is from my fav 'Ski Slope' and the inks are 'Baja Breeze' & 'Real Red'. This is a simple card to make , though I did use my 'Stamp-a-ma-jig'. I've used it more in this last month than ever. It is such a fab tool. An aside, I had to laugh when at Regionals I noticed them talking about 'Ba-ha Breeze', I have been calling it 'Baja' pronounced with a 'J' since April! Rather embarrassing to realise I had it wrong all this time (blush).

This next one comes from this site, made by the talented Tammi.

I actually tracked to her tutorial after seeing the card on Splitcoast. I thought it was so elegant. Tammi uses 'Bravo Burgundy' but I have a fondness for 'Riding Hood Red' so used that instead. First you stamp the poinsettia onto 'Very Vanilla' CS. Then take Vellum CS & stamp the "Christ is born' sentiment in Versamark & emboss with gold embossing powder. Attach the vellum CS to the 'V.V' with a strip of Snail, which is covered by ribbon. I used the 'RHR' ribbon from the 'Dress Up' Ribbon Originals pack. It has a lovely texture. Finally adhere it all to a piece of 'RHR' CS, leaving a fine border. I added some pale gold ribbon, source unknown. I was really pleased with these.

I'm going to try & do a post for Keesh's latest challenge now. I hope to 'see' you then,
Fi xox


Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio