Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Challenge for a birthday

Hi Guys,

Well, I've been crafting up a storm getting ready for my work 'Christmas Shop'. Each year I take a bunch of handcrafted goodies (papercraft, body products candles, Christmas earrings) for my workmates to buy. I have, however, also needed to make some birthday cards. I haven't had time to even think much about Christmas cards!.

My friend Kaz (who I know as she is my cousin's BFF) invited me to her 40th and renewal of her wedding vows. It was a fun evening, they had a black and white theme.

I used the CAS(E) this Sketch #6 as the layout for my card.




As Kaz was born in the 70's, and thus an 80's girl, I decided to use this stamp set from MFT.






I love the colours, the paper is retired SU DSP. I used a mix of copics & SU markers for my colouring. I used SU dies for the numbers and blinded them up with SU's Dazzling Details.

I also decided to make a vow-renewal card. This had me at a bit of a loss for a while, til I saw this card that I had saved on Pinterest. This is a mix of PTI stamps & SU paper. I figured that they were a great match.





Kaz said that she was really happy with the cards. Nice to have handcrafts appreciated.

Have a fab week,

Fi x

4 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Super fun "40" card Fiona! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Gayatri said...

Love the paper piecing of your first card. beautiful and pretty orange and pink colour combo and great take on the sketch Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch:)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Lotsa fun, Fi! So bright & happy! Perfect for the occasion. Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Love this retro birthday card, that image is fabulous! Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio