Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's been a while...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the break in transmission but life has been rather busy (& I know that I am so not alone in that). I have been working and getting for Convention, and then going to Convention (and what a fab week that was, I am in love with Melbourne, just not Melbourne weather). I now have just 4 more shifts before a few weeks Annual Leave and I can't wait. Hope fully I can get around to blogging all the cards I've been making.

Anyway, over at the Inkspirations Challenge Blog this week they have the most divine colour combo & I just had to squeeze in some time today to have a play. It is cold, windy & wet so what better time to get out the stamps?

Here are the colours:



Needing to do this in a hurry, and having no mojo to speak of, I went searching for a sketch. I liked this weeks Mojo Monday sketch, #192:




After all that, here is my card. I apologise for the pic quality, it is grey & I took it inside in a hurry.




I used DSP from the Soft Subtles pad in Perfect Plum and added it to Perfect Plum CS, scalloping both with the Scallop Edge Punch. I punched out a piece of Very Vanilla CS with the Small Scallop Circle Punch and another with the 13/8" Circle Punch. For the circle, I stamped an image from the Just Believe stamp set in Sahara Sand and added a sentiment in Perfect Plum. The Main panel uses stamps from the Nature Walk and French Foliage stamp sets. I didn't really like the French Foliage set at first (one of the leaf stamps reminds me of a chickens foot and somehow gives me the horrors LOL). Chicken feet aside, however, the other stamps are lovely, I used the leaf set on a male friend's card recently (hopefully will blog it soon) and I really like the small french text stamp and the droplets. The amazing Teneale Williams has recently been using the droplet stamp a lot. I mainly used my markers to colour these stamps. Finally I added some tags using the Tiny Tags stamps and matching punch & attached them with a Vintage Trinkets safety pin. The ribbon is VV taffeta. I placed it all on a VV CS background, job done!

I must get to the post office to post some left over Convention swaps and a b'day present. Then work tonight.

Have a fab 'rest-of-the week'.

Cheers,
Fi x

9 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Truly GORGEOUS Fi!!!

xx SJ

Christine Blain said...

Oh, Fiona, this is beautiful! I love all the little details; you've done a great job with this card.

Lee said...

Ohhhhhh! This is fabulous Fi! I love the shabby chic look, and the colours are perfect for these stamps xx

Cindy Major said...

Very nice stamp combo!

Marisa said...

Lovely use of the mojo sketch and this week's colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully created Fiona, love the tiny tags greetings, a "chickens foot"?...lol, that is my least favourite in this set too!

Lynn said...

This is beautiful Fiona!

Terri J said...

So pretty Fiona. I love how you attached your tiny tags with the safety pin. So cute! It has been gloomy in my neck of the woods too for a few days. Hopefully the sun will decide to stay out awhile now!

H2 :) said...

Love the soft vintage feel of your card Fi - you have used the colours & images perfectly.
Hilarious chicken's foot comment - I had to go check it out for myself, lol! :)

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio