Thursday, May 5, 2011

A CASE for a friend.

Hi Guys,

One of my dearest friends had a birthday in April. We both love Vintage, shabby-chic, Laura Ashley type style. I first saw this card on Splitcoast and fell in love with it. I own a clock that looks a little like this and, despite that, it had never occurred to me that 'Sense of Time' could be so feminine. I immediately thought of Jenn when I saw the card.

I actually own the 'Baby Blossoms' set thanks to my lovely friend Lavonne. It is quite an involved process to use it, as it is all 2-step stamping with these teeny little stamps, but so worth it. That's why I own the essential 'Stamp-a-ma-jig!!!




The colours are not quite right in this pic. The green is actually 'Pear Pizazz' and not so vivid as in the pic. I have sponged 'Champagne Mist' shimmer paint randomly over the clock face too, which hasn't shown up. I can't remember where I saw someone use the tiny tags on the safety pin. Could you let me know if it was you? It is a fab idea, and not from my brain LOL.

I was really happy with it, just not sure about the 'Rose Red' flower. I love them but thought it might be a bit heavy sitting where I put it. I hope we get these & the Seam Binding ribbon in our next catty (must whisper in Shelli's ear at Convention NEXT WEEK!!!!!!).

Must keep moving.

Cheers,
Fi xox

7 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

FI!!!.. This is STUNNING!!!.. Absolutely STUNNING!!!

xxx SJ

oohh..6 more sleeps!!!!

xx

AMY FLEMING said...

Hi fi This card is soooo beautiful!! I love everything about it.....ohh you are so lucky to have some of those gorgeous flowers :)
Have a great week!!!
Amyxxxx

H2 :) said...

This is a stunning card Fi! The clockface looks amazing & I can just imagine the pearly sheen of the shimmer paint. Love the teeny tags on the pin & ribbon too.
Have a wonderful time at Convention!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a beautiful creation, Fi ... and so much detail. I wonder if we will get the Baby Blossoms set? It looks a sweetie! I imagine the shimmer mist is fabulous, too!
Thanks so much for the lovely surprise that arrived in the mail today. My card was simply stunning ... and how sweet that you sent a gift for Bree! I will be seeing Stacey tomorrow ... and will pass it on. Thanks so much for being soooo kind! Big hugs, hunny ... andrea xxx

Lee said...

Ohhhh, popping in to say 'Hi!' Love this card and it's shabby chic-ness! I love this style too, and you ROCKED it Fi.
It was the highlight of Convention to meet you, beautiful lady, and I look sooo forward til the next time!! xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Hi Fi, We probably walked past each other a hundred times at Convention...:0), would have been lovely to meet you! as you say theres always next year...Cant wait!
This card is absolutely gorgeous from top to bottom, I love the colours, stamps and the layout...very, very pretty! xxx

Sue Madex said...

What a gorgeous card. I've not seen that clock done in a feminine way before and it suits it beautifully. That Stampamajig sure got a workout!!

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio