Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweet Keesh

Hi There,
Hope you're all doing great.
I have combined two challenges this week. Makeesha had a colour challenge which always leave me rather stumped.


I thought of using my new 'Razzle Dazzle' stamp but didn't know what to do for a layout. I checked out Karen's Sweet Sunday sketch and it all came together.




Here is my card:




I used Ruby Red DSP from the 'Sweet Slumber' pack and the Brocade Blue came from the hostess gift pack (don't you love free paper?). I inked up my Razzle dazzle stamp with my markers and stamped it onto Very Vanilla CS. I took some more of the Ruby Red DSP and punched out a strip using the Eyelet Border punch & then ran it through my crimper. I then pinched the edge up to make the frilly circle. I've seen this on a few cards on various blogs & have been wanting to have a go. Finally I added some ribbon to a little paper clip from the cute Clip Assortment pack. The ribbon is Taffeta Ribbon. It is meant to be Riding Hood Red but it seems to go just as well with Ruby Red.

When I first saw this stamp set there was no way that I was going to buy it, didn't really like it. But after seeing so many people make such great cards with it, I had to buy it. So much for my New Year's resolution of not spending too much money this year. (I did get some great free stamps though, from the Sale-a-bration catty. Every cloud...).

Thanks for visiting, have a great rest of the week,

Cheers,
Fi xox

10 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow! Just lovely!!

Tui Nathan said...

Nice card ... love the eyelet crimped border ... you have done justice to that stamp set - money well spent!!!

Genelle Little said...

Just uploaded my card & went to check out the others - we have used the same sketch & Brocade Blue paper, lol!! I LOVE this, Fi - my fave! xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a great combination. Love the layout ... funny that Genelle used the same sketch! And ... I am a total fan of this stamp set. hhhmmm that just reminded me ... I have a couple of cards to post using this set. Must do that soon! TFS, Fi! Hugs Andrea xx

Liam said...

This card is just gorgeous. Love the border around the circle it looks fab.

Liam

Jessica Theodore said...

Love the frilly paper! great effect! its a really beautiful card xx

Lee Pelosi said...

Haha! You are totally right Fiona! Great minds certainly do think alike! I love your take on the layout and colours, and also your colouring of the Razzle! Mine remains un-inked.. maybe I ought to challenge myself!

Lee x

Susan Joyce said...

Very pretty, love the frill and you have balanced the colours nicely.

Janice Klass said...

I Love this card Fiona... just beautiful!

Helen H said...

Very sweet card Fiona. :)

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio