Monday, November 28, 2011

A b'day card & Inkspirations Challenge...

Hi Guys,

Can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged. Has been a very busy month but more on that in a later blog.

I finally got to play along with an Inkspirations Challenge. It is my good friend Bec's b'day and I thought this sketch would lend itself to a cute card.

Here's the sketch:




And my card:




I starter by flipping the sketch to suit my image. Keesh has got me into MFT stamps, although my colouring still leaves a lot to be desired. I used the 'Domestic Goddess' DSP as a starting point for my colours, adding 'Pool Party' and 'Calypso Coral', with a touch of brown for hair, and of, course, chocolate cake!!! Bec is studying to be a maths teacher so I embossed the background with numbers (non-SU). I even did some paper piecing, which is an act of love, as I don't like cutting (why else would I own so many punches & dies LOL). I added some 'Pool Party' ribbon (love the little ruffles), some sparkly glitter, and a sentiment from 'Teeny Tiny Sentiments' punched out with the word window punch. That's it, easy. I did intend for there to be more of the aqua than the coral but I ran out. Have to get some more as it is such a pretty colour.

Off to type another post explaining what I've been up to,

Cheers,
Fi xox

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

What a very sweet card Fi, l'm sure your friend will appreciate the personal touches you have included and your choice of DSP and image are just perfect.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a darling card Fiona! Love the PI image! You did a great job paper piecing her dress and the sparkly cupcake looks scrumptious!

H2 :) said...

Absolutely adorable Fi. The paper piecing on your image looks fabulous & I love your choice of papers & colours. The debossed numeral background is a really sweet touch for your teaching friend. I am sure she loved her pretty card. :)
PS Andrea's teapot card is gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Darling paper pieced dress and sparkly cupcake :) Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Such a fab colour combo! I really love this card. Wish I had time to do challenges! I cannot believe how busy life can be! Hugs xx

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio