Monday, April 18, 2011

It's been a while..

Hi Guys,

Where has the time gone? I recently made quite a few cards but they were all straight CASEs due to time, and creativity, constraints so I didn't bother to blog them. It has been a fairly busy time of late. I have been doing evenings and days for the last 2 weeks and have another 2 weeks to go. Those of us who work 'permanent' nights are required to come off night duty for a month each year, but this is the first time in about 3 years that they've enforced it. I am doing a 'rotation' to our antenatal ward at the same time so it has been quite a change. It is interesting seeing how the ward functions and getting to know the patients, some of whom are away for family and friends for months so that they can be near tertiary NICU facilities if they birth. It does mean that I only have 2 days off rather than my usual 3 (although, thankfully I have my ADO these days off so get 3 woohoo). Also Dad has been in and out of hospital with some 'plumbing' disorders, he is a worry. Mum has been absolutely fantastic, she deserves a sainthood!!!

Anyway, onto stamping (it's about time I hear you say). It is my cousin's 40th on Anzac day and my Aunt commissioned a card. I love it when people request a card, it is an honour. I made this card from my parents and myself so had to think of something different. Ad is really into cycling and my Aunt had written a cute poem about a cycling mishap he had as a teen so searched for a bicycle digistamp. I came upon this gorgeous card by Feby MCCann and had to CASE it.

Here's the result:





I made it into a rectangle card so it could fit my Aunt's verses inside. I love this retired SU DSP and took the colours from it, Kiwi Kiss (ret), Night of Navy and Baja Breeze. The bike is a downloaded graphic, the sentiment is from PTI. The Ribbon and brads are retired SU products. I used my spritzer to add a bit of interest to the Baja CS.  I used my Big Shot and my Timeless Type dies to cut out the numbers from Kiwi Kiss CS and then added Crystal Effects.

Here is a close up of the numbers. They looked fantastic and lolly like (IMHO LOL).




My Aunt seemed quite happy with it, and I hope my cousin likes it to.

I must get back to cleaning. I typed this while my floors dry. I bought a new washing machine which arrived today, you should have seen the fun and games as I tried to move the old one, get the new one out of the box and set up. A challenge by myself but it is done!!

Have a fab week,

Cheers,
Fi x

2 comments:

H2 :) said...

This is fantastic Fi! Great colours - I love this DSP & have a safely hoarded stash, lol! The bike image looks really effective on the coloured background. Great card for a cyclist. Will have to keep this image in mind for some family cyclists later on this year. TFS :)

Back to New Blinds said...

Hey Fi (Jordan's cousin),

Your cards look great... Glad you are enjoying all things stampin Up

Pam (wyoming Jordan's Friend)..

PS I bet I know who this card is for.

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio