Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Two challenges in one day!

Hi again,

I was going to set this to post tomorrow but then I forget to come back and link it to the challenge site, so you get 2 posts in one day (it's either feast or famine with me LOL).

I really liked the simplicity of this week's sketch over at Just Add Ink. I'm not sure, but this may be the 1st of their challenges that I've entered.

Firstly, the sketch:

And now my interpretation:


As usual, I am pretty literal with sketches, some people get so creative but I'm pretty much a 'take it as it comes' 'KISS' sort of stamper.

I inked up my 'Very Vintage' jumbo wheel in 'Rich Razzleberry' ink and stamped onto 'Very Vanilla' CS. I love this wheel, I should reach for it more often. Would like to try it in 'Marina Mist' on 'Very Vanilla' as well, hmmmm. I stamped the section of the wheel with the butterfly onto some scrap VV CS and cut it out (so much cutting today, at least more than I like to do LOL).  I stamped the flowers from 'Very Vintage' in RR and added some pearls, the smaller is from the new, fabbo, stick on pearls, the larger is from my (retired) Pretties Kit. Finally I finished off with a sentiment from the classic 'Sincere Salutations' set and added some (retired) RR ribbon. I can't wait to put it my next order (patiently, or not so, waiting until the new SU quarter) and get some of the new 'Rich Razzleberry' satin ribbon, yummo!!!!

Must head off, I desperately need a haircut and to buy some groceries, so must leave the land of stamping fun & go back to the real world :-(

Cheers,
Fi xox

6 comments:

AJ said...

I love how you've used the sketch here! Great, simple card - and so elegant - love it! xx Amanda

Danielle Daws said...

Beautiful! I love how you've used the wheel on the side! :-)

H2 :) said...

Really pretty Fiona! I like how you have used both sides of the ribbon. TFS :)

Tennille said...

A beautiful card Fiona!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh ... saw this sketch the other day ... and really wanted to try it out. Have I missed the deadline??? Dang it! Very pretty Fi! Hugs xxaxx

Lee-Anne said...

Wow Fi, I see I have a few posts to catch up on. They've all been coming into my inbox under my RSS feeds and now I finally have a chance to have a proper look.

This is very pretty, love the colours and the stamp set. I like that you are literal with your sketches, this card looks great.

Hope your shopping and haircut went well.

Love Lee-Anne
xox

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio